Now here is a recipe that not only are thrifty moms going to love, but the whole family as well!! This delicious stir fry is so easy and quick to make that you can hardly even call it a recipe…it feels like cheating! And yet the outcome is so good that there is no denying it was handmade. So, if you want to spend a small amount of time slaving away in the kitchen and a large amount of time with your loved ones, I highly suggest this amazing recipe!
- 2 bags of frozen Asian Stir Fry vegetables
- 1-2 packs of mushrooms (*optional)
- 1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- Cashews (for topping) (*optional)
- Rice (any kind), cooked
- 1 cup Shredded chicken, cooked (*optional)
(*Mushrooms and/or cashews do not need to be added for those who do not like them. I will say though that the cashews add a whole new level of flavor to this dish. Shredded chicken is optional for those that want to add some to the recipe, but it is not required.)
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Towards the end of the rice cooking, heat the frozen stir fry vegetables and mushrooms in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the soy sauce and cook vegetables until thawed and tender.
- Mix soup and ginger into the stir fry. (*For those including chicken in the recipe, add it here)
- Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Pour stir fry over cooked rice and add cashews on top.
*Makes about 4 servings of stir fry
It is that simple. And the outcome is amazing!